Friday, July 28, 2017

My New Window Box Garden!

 
For our anniversary this year, my husband got me a window box! I had been wanting one for quite a while, so it was the perfect present!

 We decided to hang the window box outside of my kitchen window since that seems to be the one we gaze out of the most. That way, when we look out at the bird feeders, we can also see all of my gorgeous flowers! That area of the house just really needed a pop of color too!

Speaking of bird feeders, I found a small hummingbird feeder to put in the window box garden too! It just adds a little extra whimsy and hopefully my hummingbirds will find it soon!

Although I generally advocate the thriller, filler, and spiller philosophy in container gardening, I had a few different flowers on hand already and I just decided to use those in the window box. They looked great together and I didn't have to spend any more money! Win, win!

This window box gets full on sun most of the day, so it was necessary to use flowers that can take a lot of sun. I also make sure to water it at least once a day, sometimes twice on super hot days!


I used a mix of white sunpatiens, and pink and purple dianthus.


View from the top! They are really starting to fill in.


It's almost like having fresh flowers on hand at all times!


I love looking out the window and seeing the flowers peeking over the window sill! Now if only I could get my hummingbirds to start drinking out of this feeder too! They love feeding at the other one, and fight each other off constantly.


I feel the need to add one to every window on my house now!



Don't forget to follow me on Pinterest and Instagram @ sweethome.indiana for more ideas! 



No comments:

Post a Comment