Sunday, December 11, 2016

A Day Away!

Sometimes all you need is one day in a different place, doing something completely different from your everyday life to give you a total reset on your perspective.

Yesterday, my mom and I went down to Indianapolis and I must say, I was very impressed with the all the updates since my last trip down there! Indy is really starting to grow into itself! I mean, we're getting an IKEA next year so you know we're on the right track! 

By the way, I just learned that today - December 11, 2016 - is the 200th Birthday of the statehood of Indiana. All year long there have been bicentennial celebrations for Indiana, so it is only fitting that today we here at Sweet Home Indiana are celebrating our state capital! (Even if it is mostly about shopping!)

Yesterday was purely a shopping excursion! We started off at the Macy's in Castleton Mall where I was surprised at how much more of a better selection they had than our Macy's store. I found a new favorite clothing line called Maison Jules. These are just a few of the cute items they had for sale at 40% off! I ended up ordering two new shirts and a cute sweater that they didn't have in my size at the store.

We stumbled upon a really cool home/furniture store called Urban Styles Furniture and Gypsy Market behind Castleton Mall. They had some very unique pieces you don't see in a typical furniture store.

I was on the fence about going into Urban Styles/Gypsy Market until I saw this display of faux Jadeite, milk glass, and whatever that gorgeous blue color is called. I want it all!!! I just wish it was a little cheaper! I would have loved a cake stand in every color!

I loved this floor mat that is made to look like vintage tile!

I literally am obsessed with dishes.

Then it was time for lunch at one of my faves - The Cheesecake Factory! We split the Chicken Madeira and a slice of Cherry Cheesecake.

Absolute Heaven.

After lunch it was off to the Crate and Barrel in The Fashion Mall at Keystone where almost all their Christmas stock was on sale! I found these super cute reindeer cookie jars I would like to have.

And this beautiful aqua blue tea kettle! I think this may be my most favorite color. I have such an issue with my tea kettles turning on the inside I hated to spend this much money on one.

I regret not buying one of these trees! I LOVE trees wrapped in burlap like this and have been really wanting one to add to my Christmas Tree Collection.

Speaking of Christmas Trees! This display in Tiffany's window was really cool.

And...speaking of Tiffany's! If anyone needs any gift ideas for me I want this 50th anniversary companion for Breakfast at Tiffany's I found at Papyrus of all stores!

I loved this tin that held gift tags at the Pottery Barn. I wanted to buy it just for the picture on it! I love vintage-y anything, especially vintage Christmas.

Had to check out my "alma mater" J. Crew!

I am obsessed with these Williams-Sonoma Snowman salt and pepper shakers!

A girl can dream, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment