Saturday, February 25, 2017

Finally! A headboard!


At long last I have come across the perfect headboard for my bed! It is everything I wanted: upholstered, off-white, and most importantly, cheap!

If you have looked at the prices of most upholstered headboards you have seen how ridiculously expensive they are. Most start at several hundred dollars and can stretch into the thousands. I paid less than $140 for mine! And, it's king size to boot! I got it at Walmart (online) of all places! They actually have a lot of really nice looking things online!

When we got married almost eight years ago, and were trying to make our house our own, we went looking at all the usual suspects - department store furniture. I didn't like any of it. It was too cookie cutter and traditional for my tastes. Add to that, my husband wanted a wooden sleigh bed and I wanted a wrought iron bed. There was no compromising. The years passed, headboardless.

Enter Pinterest!

I saw all the pins about making your own upholstered headboard for cheap, and I thought, "I can do that!" I had also been in love with this really glam Hayworth mirrored furniture at Pier One that would go perfectly with an upholstered headboard. (Not that I could afford it, but I was trying to visualize my dream bedroom!)  
 
At this point my husband broke down and told me just to do whatever I wanted. Upholstered headboard it was!

Never one to jump into anything quickly without considering all possible options, I started researching upholstered headboards online and came across the one I have now! It was too good a deal to pass up. I was a little nervous about making my own anyways.

It may have taken seven plus years for it to come to fruition, but the right piece finally found us!

 (And my husband loves it!)

Before. This picture embarrasses me to no end.

This looks so much better! I finally feel like I have an adult room. And it goes perfectly with the Solitary State grey walls. You can really tell the difference between this pic and the one above! It looks so much brighter now!

Up close. It has a linen-esque quality to it that I was unsure of at first, but I actually really like the texture now. I had originally wanted more of a velvety one, but sometimes you get what you need instead of what you want and it works out perfectly!

I love it so much! It adds quite a bit of glam and elegance to my bedroom and really helps bring the room together. (Obviously, I'm not one to iron my sheets but maybe I should be looking at this pic! Yikes! Oh well, this is real life!)

My puppy approves! (She likes to pose for pictures!)

No comments:

Post a Comment