Thursday, August 3, 2017

Lemon Cheesecake Bars


Lemon is one of my favorite flavors! So when our family reunion came around again last week, I decided to revisit a favorite dessert from my childhood ~ Lemon Cheesecake Bars!

Whenever I am attending a family reunion, potluck, or the like, I always make sure to take something that I absolutely love! That way, if all the other food is nasty, at least I'll have something good to eat! I may or may not have been known to eat all of my own food! And I almost always make a dessert!

These Lemon Cheesecake Bars are delicious and I most definitely could eat them all in one sitting. The lemon flavor is very light, so don't expect to get a major burst of lemon. If you want to pump up the lemon factor, just add a little bit more lemon juice! But, I think they are perfect the way they are! I was always so excited whenever my mom would make them for us! They are truly one of my favorites!

Here are the Ingredients:

1 box yellow cake mix
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil


And here's what to do: 

First off, combine the cake mix, 1 egg, and 1/3 cup oil in a bowl and mix until crumbly.
 

Reserve about one cup (I always save back a little more) of the crumbled mix for the topping.
 

Lightly pat the remaining mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 13x9 pan. It's okay if there is a little space in between, it'll all come together when you bake it! 



Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until the edges just begin to brown.

Next, beat together your softened cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg, and 1 tsp lemon juice. It may be lumpy or look like it's curdled, but that's because the cream cheese wasn't softened enough. It'll still taste okay!
 

 
Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the baked layer.
 

Top with the reserved crumbled topping. Then bake for approximately another 15 minutes until lightly browned!


Cool completely and cut into squares!


Yum!!!


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment