Saturday, October 28, 2017

Happy Birthday Blog!!!


 One year ago today, I started Sweet Home Indiana!

I had been thinking about writing a blog for years, but never pulled the trigger. I went to school for journalism and television production, but things happened and that life never happened for me. But, I always just kept thinking about it. Creating stories, whether on paper or video, was always just something I have enjoyed doing my entire life.

I am really into quotes and my pinterest is full of them. There were some sayings that just kept making their way back into my life and they started to take hold. I couldn't stop thinking about living the life that I had dreamed about. No one would hire me to do the kind of work I wanted because I didn't have enough "experience." I decided to make my own experience ~ and I could write about anything I wanted!

I have always loved doing things around the house, from crafts, to baking, to decorating for the holidays. Martha Stewart was an early inspiration for me, as are many other ladies such as Julia Child, Ina Garten, Sarah Richardson, Ree Drummond, Joanna Gaines, and Nicole Curtis. And of course, my own mom! They all make home a better place to be and that is what I love to do as well! Home is my happy place, and I decided that my blog would document my adventures in homemaking!

A year later and here we are! I may not be able to quit my day job or have my own television show or book deal (yet!), but I am doing something that makes me happy!

You never know where life will lead you! My advice is to start doing something TODAY, no matter how small, that will allow you to live the life you have always dreamed of. You only get one chance at life, make it count!

Thanks to everyone that follows along with my blog! The best is yet to come!

Here are some quotes that really speak to me and have inspired me along the way:
















Don't forget to follow me on Instagram (sweethome.indiana), Pinterest, Bloglovin, and now Facebook (sweethomeindiana1) for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment