Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Quick Halloween Wrap Up

So yes, I decided to go the easy way out this year and use the plastic jack-o-lantern. Sometimes there are just not enough hours in the day (or money to buy more pumpkins) and you have to be okay with that.  I have to say that serendipity stepped in here because what started out as just a regular, cheesy, plastic pumpkin actually turned into something totally awesome!

First, the light in the pumpkin would not work. We switched out the bulb. Nothing. So I decided that we should just put some glow sticks in it and it would be this eerie, green, glowing pumpkin!  My wonderful husband said he would take care of getting the glow sticks.  He came home with a strobe light instead. I was skeptical, but when he turned it on, man, was it cool!

Too bad you can't see the actual strobing effect! It was awesome! Admittedly, this pic makes it look kinda lame....but trust me-so not lame! You couldn't even tell it was a fake pumpkin in the dark!

We had some cousins over to go trick or treating and I made a few snacks to go along with our pizza, including these awesome bone cookies and brain jello!!!  I have had this brain jello mold and Wilton bone cookie pan for years, just waiting to bust them out for a Halloween party that I have been meaning to have. I got them both on clearance from Meijer the day after Halloween. Can't beat that!

sweet home indiana
I found this awesome serving tray at Walmart this year in the Halloween area. It was perfect! Maybe I should've gotten a few more!

This is part of the wrapper that the bone cookie pan came in, complete with some awesome ideas for the cookie decor. I was originally going to do the one on the bottom that looks like an old, real bone but when I tasted the cookies they were super sweet. I didn't even want to add a glaze to it, they were delicious as is! So I just left them plain.

All in all, it was a pretty awesome Halloween! Very low-key, but good fun, good food, and good friends. I'm excited for next year so I can do it up even bigger!


P.S.

GO CUBS!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment