Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Apple Festival!

Last month, we went to the Apple Festival in Kendallville. It was a beautiful fall day, warm and sunny with just the slightest chill in the air.

I had never been to the Apple Festival before. Normally, I go to the Johnny Appleseed Festival in Fort Wayne, which is pretty much the official kick off of fall in this area. Since I was unable to go to Johnny Appleseed this year, I thought I'd try something new.

There was a lot of yummy looking food, much of it featuring apples, of course. We ended up getting some ham and beans with cornbread, one of my faves. I also picked up some small, decorative pumpkins and some more ceramic mushrooms to add to my collection!

Perfect fall day for a festival! A country road somewhere around Kendallville.

Beautiful mums and pumpkins at a farmer's market area.

I really liked the cute little vendor shacks they had.

Another cute shack selling apple pie! Love their set up with all the pumpkins, gourds, and hay!

Look at all those pumpkins!


No comments:

Post a Comment