Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Pray for Gatlinburg


I'm sure by now most of you have heard of the devastating forest fires that have ravaged Gatlinburg, TN.

Gatlinburg is a place that is very near and dear to me. My husband asked me to marry him in Gatlinburg. I had my honeymoon there and have been back countless more times. I know that place like the back of my hand and almost consider it a second home. It is my special place.

I am absolutely heartbroken over what has occurred there over the past few days. Thankfully, it seems that much of the parkway strip was spared, but there are conflicting reports over the Mysterious Mansion and Hillbilly Golf, among others. I keep checking in on the different news reports hoping for an update.

Even more disturbing are the reports of all the missing people. Please pray for these families that they are reunited soon and that they receive nothing but good news about their loved ones.

Sorry to bum everyone out, but this is what is on my heart and mind today. Pray for Gatlinburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment