Thursday, May 4, 2017

My Tulips!


After my post about the Foster Park tulips, this one will probably be a let down! But don't worry! My yard will get there one day!!!

I love tulips! I only have a few around my yard, but my goal is to plant as many as possible every year until my yard resembles Foster Park. Yard goals! Hey, they say to dream big! 

It may take a while to get there, but that's okay! I love a challenge!

Here's what I've been able to do so far!

I was inspired to plant these colors together after my friend got a bouquet of light pink, purple, and white tulips. They were some of the prettiest flowers I had ever seen and I thought, "I could do that in my yard!" And here it is! Strangely enough only one of my white tulips has ever come back. The rest have disappeared!

I love these pink tulips! Here's what they looked like closed up.

And here they are fully opened! Gorgeous!

The lone white tulip. I am going to plant more of them this year. Hopefully.

My husband's family gives potted flowers every year for Easter. I started planting the tulips here after the flowers faded. Most of them have returned! It's not much to look at right now, but it's just a little pop of color along my creek and I love it! My tulip plot grows more every year. The dead ones in the middle are my Valentine's Day flowers from this year. They were forced in water so I am not sure if they will come back or not, but I'm going to give it a try!

These were the original tulips along my creek. When I moved in these were here all by themselves and I just loved them. They gave me the idea to start planting all my tulips here, so thank you whoever planted these here along my creek all those years ago in this obscure spot!

Sunny yellow!

Pretty purple!


I almost can't wait for Fall so I can get started on next year! 

Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment