Wednesday, May 17, 2017

New carpet, bedskirt, and curtains oh my!


The great master bedroom makeover continues! Finally, after almost seven years we have new carpet!

You would not believe the difference it makes! The old green carpet is gone and in it's place is a magnificent medium grey color called "Ink Spot."

I also picked up a new bed skirt. The bed just looked unfinished without one. You could see the supports underneath and some of my junk I had under there. Now it's all hidden and looks much more polished. 

I had originally been thinking about making my own bedskirt. I had seen so many cute ones on Pinterest, but in the end I bought a cheap, yet classy looking grey cotton one from Walmart. I mean, does a tulle bedskirt really belong on the bed of an adult married couple? I think not. I'll save that for if we ever have a little girl!

We also got a new comforter for our bed, but I have been waiting until I found the perfect curtains to match in order to bust it out. I just picked up some curtains from Pier 1 Imports and I'm still trying to decide if they are the ones. I think they might be!

  My master bedroom is definitely getting more glamorous every step of the way! Hopefully, I'll be able to do a full room reveal soon! Check out my blog archives or use the search function if you've missed any of my previous bedroom updates!

And don't forget to follow along with my daily adventures on Instagram @ sweethome.indiana!

The old icky green carpet. This carpet had definitely seen better days! There was a giant purplish stain (thankfully, mostly hidden under my bed) from when we painted our room last time and my husband knocked over the can of paint. Oops. That's why we painted before we got new carpet!

Here it is! Ink spot! I'm banning all shoes on this carpet from here on out! It looks so glorious!

It looks really good with the Solitary State grey paint.

Here's my bed without it's skirt on. It really needed something!

This bedskirt is exactly what I wanted. Plain, unassuming, and classic.

This looks much better!

These are Grey Moorish Tile Curtains from Pier 1. I love them! I am pretty sure I am going to keep them. They are pretty much everything I have been looking for in a curtain!

I was really hoping they worked because after I took them out the package there was no way I was getting them back in.

Of course, I had to get out my new comforter to see how it went with everything. I Love it!!! I can't wait to put the finishing touches on the room!

Stay tuned for the final reveal!


No comments:

Post a Comment