Friday, June 16, 2017

Oatmeal Coconut Scotchies!


I love cookies! I have a major sweet tooth and they are the perfect snack in my opinion! Cookies are easy to make, easy to transport, and even easier to eat!

Most importantly, cookies are delicious! Even though my husband and I are on Weight Watchers, I still make cookies on a regular basis. (And we've lost a lot of weight, so they can't be all that bad for you, right? Hehe!)

My Oatmeal Coconut Scotchies are some of my favorite cookies. With a hint of coconut and a pop of butterscotch, these cookies are sure to please!

Here's the ingredients:

1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
 1/2 cup sugar
 2 eggs
1tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups uncooked oats (either old fashioned or quick oats are fine)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup butterscotch chips

And here's what you do:


First, cream the butter along with the brown and white sugars.
Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix.
In a separate bowl, combine your flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Add your dry flour mixture into the wet mixture and combine.
Next up, mix in the oats!
Add the coconut and fully incorporate.
Finally, stir in the butterscotch chips!
Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or just until they begin to brown!
Mmmmmm!!!
Grab a glass of milk and enjoy!


Don't forget to follow me on Pinterest and Instagram (@sweethome.indiana) for more!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment