Sunday, December 18, 2016

A Busy and Wonderful Weekend!

This was one of those busy weekends when you get a ton of stuff done - some unexpected, some you've been meaning to do forever and just hadn't gotten around to. And, to top it all off, we still had time to celebrate! It was wonderful!

My husband called and asked me on Friday how I felt about putting down some new flooring in our bathroom this weekend. Uh, yeah! The best part was that it was free! This set off a chain reaction of fixing some paint spots on the ceiling and repainting some areas of the walls that needed it. Then it spilled over into some other rooms in the house. Once I start I just can't stop!

Much better than the old! We've been eyeing this sample of flooring ever since he got it in his shop and it was just the perfect size for our bathroom! I'll do a true before and after pic when it's completely finished (and clean!)
While we were at Menards getting some supplies to finish our floor I ran across these real wreaths on sale for only $2.00! I've been wanting one of these so I was super excited!
I got my stockings hung by my staircase with care.
And still had time to make some of my famous spritz tree cookies! I decided to "branch" out this year and try making some wreaths. I like the trees best.
Tonight we went to Takaoka, a Japanese Steakhouse (and the best restaurant EVER!) for a very special celebration!
Where they sing a Japanese version of Happy Birthday to you! It was a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment