Wednesday, December 7, 2016

The perfect gift...



Several years ago, my friend Katie gave me a Christmas ornament as a "Going Away" present when I left her behind at my previous job. It was a glass Hallmark Snowflake that states "One of a kind...Once in a lifetime...Friends."  She said every year I hang it on my tree to think of her. And I do. 

If you're having a hard time coming up with a great gift to give to someone - especially someone that "has everything," an ornament is the perfect gift. There are so many different ones out there you can be sure to find something to fit your friend/family member's personality. It doesn't have to be expensive or fancy. Just something that will make them think of you fondly every year when they hang it on their tree.

Katie and I don't talk every day. We don't talk once a month. In fact, maybe not even for several months to a year. But that doesn't mean I don't think of her almost everyday and wonder how she is doing. It also doesn't mean that we are any less of friends than we were when we saw each other everyday.

That snowflake ornament may not look like much to some people, but to me, it is very special. It is a reminder of what a wonderful friend I have and it makes me smile every time I look it.



No comments:

Post a Comment