Friday, March 10, 2017

Let there be light!


After finding the best headboard ever, I felt the next logical step in my master bedroom makeover were new lamps.

Actually, just matching lamps. If I could find the carbon copy of my beloved Eiffel Tower lamp I'd probably have gone that route, but Target doesn't sell it anymore. 

I had gotten a lamp for my husband's side of the bed several years ago as a replacement - after he broke the one he had -  that went along with my vision of a glam bedroom perfectly. I figured that I would just get another one to match for my side of the bed. Of course, this would end up being a much more difficult task than I'd imagined.

Turns out his lamp was a "medium" sized lamp and they don't sell that size anymore! So, I had two options. I could either purchase two new lamps that look identical to the one that we already had - just bigger - or go a different route altogether.

I love the lamp that we already have. It's an acrylic stacked ball lamp, and it just epitomizes glam to me, which is the look that I am going for with this room. Once you get an idea in your head that you love, it's hard to settle for anything else.

So guess what. I ended up getting two brand new large sized stacked ball lamps. And I got a hell of a deal on them too! Almost half off! Gotta love Target! They actually look even better than the medium sized one. Things always have a way of working out for the best!


My old Eiffel Tower lamp. I've had it for probably fifteen years or more! Je t'aime! But it was time for a change. I can probably find another spot for it somewhere else in my house.

I had to get new lamp shades too and I found these off white "Shell" colored ones that match my headboard perfectly!

It's amazing what a couple of new lamps can do for your room! It's really starting to come together!

And check out the flowers my husband got me! Quite possibly the most beautiful bouquet ever! Thanks, honey!



No comments:

Post a Comment