Thursday, April 13, 2017

Easter around my house!


I'm totally loving that I don't have to host Easter at my house this year! It's just nice to have a year off! But that doesn't mean I don't decorate. Decorating for the holidays is my favorite! And I especially love Easter with all it's fresh, pretty colors. Dare I say, it may be edging out Halloween as my favorite holiday?

I like to add at least one new item to my holiday decor per year. Honestly, let's put it this way - I try to limit myself to only one new item per year! As soon as the stores start putting out rabbits and eggs I get really excited and have to reign myself in! I could go crazy on Easter decor. And Halloween. And Christmas.

This year I couldn't resist the larger Peep pillow on my rocking chair. That kicked off Easter for me early this year and I started decorating in early March. My husband always wants me to put things away the day after the holiday, so I figured I'd just put it out sooner this year! 
 
Here's a little tour of some of my favorite Easter decor this year.


These are the famous Williams-Sonoma alabaster Easter eggs! I had wanted these for years, but they are a little pricey. Luckily, I found them for more than half off a few years ago right after Easter! They are my absolute favorite Easter decoration!

I like the way they look in this basket. I got that little bunny at Hobby Lobby for less than a dollar last year! He's so cute!

This ceramic rabbit from Pier 1 is probably my second favorite Easter decoration! They had a cute smaller bunny with a yellow flower this year that I may still get.

These peachy little flowers (Hobby Lobby!) stay out pretty much all spring and summer.

Here's a close up. I love them! They are so springy!

Another little rabbit from Hobby Lobby. It's actually a place card holder for your table, but my tablescape is not that formal. I like to get small knick knacks and just place them all over the house like this. It's a cheap way to decorate and adds a pop here and there!

Here's another rabbit that's actually a salt shaker (you can't tell unless you were inspecting it.) I got these pink flowers and the green vase from Ikea! I can't wait until they open the one by Indy!

Speaking of Ikea...I added these plastic "painted" eggs my mom gave me to my Ikea greenhouse. This was impossible to get a good shot of since it's so reflective, so sorry for the glare!

Hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers. These ones look really good for faux flowers!

Hanging with my Peeps!

As everyone knows, I love my wreaths! I like to hang them on the inside of my door as well as on the outside.

I just love gel clings on windows! These bunnies and eggs are too cute! My front door has the perfect windows to display them!

On the outside of the front door is my homemade plastic Easter egg wreath!

I love these giant plastic Easter eggs in my front yard! I had them inside last year, which looked nice too.

I just planted these purple and yellow Celestial Nights Violas and I am loving them! My front porch is now ready for Easter!


Don't forget to follow me on Instagram and Pinterest!


Happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment