Thursday, April 27, 2017

Sunday in the Park


I have a new favorite flower! Tulips!

I've always thought they were pretty, but I never realized how many different kinds, shapes, and even sizes there are! I am in love!

I had been hearing about the tulips in Foster Park in Fort Wayne, Indiana for years and never made it out there to check them out. This year, I made it my mission! And I am so happy I did. We finally went this past Sunday after a belated Easter celebration. It was a perfect day for exploring the park.

Foster Park has bed after bed of expertly coordinated tulips interspersed between gorgeous flowering trees and other spring flowers such as daffodils, muscari, and hyacinths. There are also a few different groves of gigantic light and dark purple and white lilac bushes. Needless to say, the smell there is heavenly!

This trip was so inspiring! My yard goals have officially been upped! I imagine Foster Park is a smaller scale of what Holland, Michigan looks like during the Tulip Festival ~ which I am also dying to visit! (And even more so now!) I'm just so glad I found somewhere closer to home to visit!

If you live in the Fort Wayne area get over to Foster Park as soon as possible to check out all the gorgeous scenery and flowers before the blooms fade!

Foster Park is located off Old Mill Road near a bevy of beautiful old homes, not far from downtown Fort Wayne. You can see some of the huge lilac bushes behind the sign.

The park entrance. Everywhere you look there is something beautiful.

Red and pink are one of my favorite color combos!

I'd live in this house! What a great view!

I sooo love this bed! These colors together are perfection!

This is a replica of Abe Lincoln's cabin. Look at all those trees! And flowers! Gorgeous!

This area just looks so magical! I love the shape of the trees, it's like a set of tree tunnels.

Girls were getting their prom pictures taken and families were taking pictures everywhere. This park is such a gorgeous backdrop this time of year!

These people were getting their wedding pictures taken. They may have even just gotten married here. After seeing this, I was rethinking my decision to have gotten married at the Botanical Gardens.

These giant clusters of lilacs looked like grapes!

I think this is a dogwood tree. Possibly. Whatever it is, I love it!

Ok, so I am definitely going to do this combo in my garden! I just love the colors! I already have the muscari!

This is a tulip! Not quite what you imagine when you think of a tulip. It looks like a peony. In fact, I think it may be a peony tulip! One thing I think I would add to the park is a description of the different tulips.

Purple and red! So many different varieties!

These look like flames!

Very springy colors!

I generally prefer a more rigid color scheme, but all these different colors together have me rethinking that. I think I could live with a bed of all different colors. You never know, something like this might turn up in my yard next spring!



No comments:

Post a Comment