Sunday, April 16, 2017

Homemade Chocolate Easter Bunnies!

 
Every year for Easter, my husband and I typically give flowers as gifts to our family members. This was a tradition that started with my husband's family long before I came along. I love it! We give flowers, we get flowers!

This year I decided I wanted to do something a little different, and a little more special. I made my own chocolate Easter bunnies!

Since discovering how easy it is to make your own chocolates with my Valentine's Day Raspberry Hearts, I have been obsessed. Country Kitchen had several cool rabbit molds and the second I saw them, I knew this was happening.

These homemade chocolate bunnies are super easy! Just three steps:

1. Melt the chocolate
2. Pour the chocolate
3. Freeze the chocolate

Done! That's it!

I wanted to make them extra special and package them up all fancy too, so I got edible grass and candy coated chocolate eggs to put in the bag. I also found some cute bunny ribbon at Walmart to tie it up with!

This is also my nephew's first Easter, so I wanted to make a little Easter basket for him. Even though he can't eat the chocolate bunny, I put one in his basket (for his mom and dad!) along with a plush little Peep and a book about the first Easter when Jesus rose from the tomb. I am his Godmother after all!

 Here's how I made the chocolate bunnies:

The supplies: chocolate candy coating wafers and rabbit molds!

Pour some of the chocolate wafers into a microwavable glass bowl and microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between. I like to work in smaller batches, it's easier to handle and just in case you mess something up, less is wasted!

After about a minute it will look like this.

It usually takes about 3 times to get all the chocolate melted.

Then all you do is pour the melted chocolate into your mold! Freeze it for about an hour, keeping it level at all times.

Take it out of the freezer and turn it upside down to release!

There you have it! A perfect chocolate bunny! It looks just like a store-bought one!

 The edible grass and candy covered eggs I got to put into the treat bag.

I love the ribbon, it looks like peeps!

My nephew's first Easter basket!

Now that I know exactly how easy these bunnies are, next time I think I may jazz it up even more and make filled rabbits or even flavored ones! The possibilities are endless!


Happy Easter!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment