Saturday, April 1, 2017

Hoosiers for Yuengling Rejoice!



Only two more days and Hoosiers for Yuengling can rejoice!

Yuengling Beer, brewed at America's oldest brewery in Pottsville, Pennsylvania, will finally be available for sale at liquor stores in Indiana for the first time ever. It's already been available on tap at several Indiana restaurants for about a month now.

Prior to that, Hoosiers wanting Yuengling had to travel as far away as Tennessee or Florida, and most recently Ohio, to get a taste of their favorite beer. Some people were even making beer runs to Pennsylvania, Smokey and the Bandit style! This beer has a hardcore following!

People all throughout Indiana have been pleading for Yuengling to bring their beer to our state for years. Someone even started a group called Hoosiers for Yuengling that was actually a big reason why Yuengling chose to come here!

My husband loves Yuengling. A few years ago, we were in Pennsylvania and we took a slight detour to Pottsville for one of their free brewery tours! It was actually one of the highlights of our trip! It was very interesting to see how the beer was made and to learn the history of the place. And, they give you free samples at the end of the tour!

I just have to say, I definitely proved my love for my husband that day! I usually only wear flip flops in the summer and that was all the footwear I took with me on that trip. The brewery required everyone to wear real shoes - no flip flops - in order to take the tour. Apparently, a lot of people run into this problem and the brewery had an entire room filled with old, used shoes for people to wear so they could take the tour.

I am a major germaphobe, and to even think about putting on a pair of shoes that several other people had worn and sweated in and stunk up made me sick to my stomach. The only other choice was not to go on the tour. And we had not come all that way not to go on the tour. My husband was pleading with me to put them on and I knew I just had to. So, I did. The things you do for love!

If you are ever near Pottsville, I highly recommend stopping by the Yuengling Brewery and taking the tour. For the money, it can't be beat! Just make sure you don't wear flip flops!


The brewery from afar. I love the hills in Pennsylvania! It's pretty flat land here in northern Indiana so mountains and hills are always a welcome sight! There's just something extra charming about the hills of Pennsylvania, it's so full of history there and a lot of the buildings are so old!

The outside of the brewery. They've been making beer here since 1831!

A plaque on the side of brewery.

The bottle filler. On the day we were there, they were making cans of their Yuengling Light Lager.

You can see the cans traveling across the brewery at the top.

The cans moved so fast in some areas you could barely see them!

Here's a slowed down shot of the cans on the move!

The old brewery is built right into the Pennsylvania hills. I loved this area. You can really see the history here.

They have a nice gift shop and a bar for the free sample tastings. They give rootbeer samples for those who don't care for beer, or can't drink it. Kids are also welcome on this tour!

Back here in Indiana, signs like this are everywhere!


This was at Kroger, my husband took a picture with it, but he didn't want me to put it on the blog.


Liquor stores are gearing up for the April 3rd release date! It seems it's all anyone can talk about!

My husband's first glass from Buffalo Wings and Ribs last month! We need to some of these glasses!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment