Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Spring is springing in my yard!

 
Spring is definitely giving Fall a run for it's money as my favorite season!

I just love seeing all the flowers, trees, and even the grass come back to life after a long, cold winter. Even though the past two or three winters haven't really been all that bad, winter always seems to stretch on forever. It doesn't help that I keep seeing everyone on Instagram flaunting their beautiful Spring weather! Which, by the way ~ I am on Instagram now! Follow me and my daily shenanigans @sweethome.indiana!

Here in northern Indiana, you never know what you're going to get! We have crazy weather! For example, it's supposed to snow an inch tomorrow, and yet on Sunday, the forecasted high is 72 degrees. See what I mean?

I am ready for the weather to be nice permanently! I want to finally shred my winter coat and bust out my spring jacket!

This strange weather definitely effects my plants. Earlier this year, the foliage was blooming about a month ahead of schedule, but after about a two week long freeze, we're closer to where we should be. The frigid, wintery spell slowed down my daffodils and unfortunately, looks like it fried my two newest hydrangeas. Their leaves went from a bright, vibrant green to brown and I'm just hoping they make a comeback because they were really cool!

Here's a little tour of my yard from this past weekend. With all this rain we've been having this week, things are really starting to green up and bloom! I just hope that the coming frost and low temps don't do any more damage!

A beautiful white hyacinth covered in dirt from all this rain!

Too bad everything can't bloom at the same time! This corner would be magical.

Love these pink hyacinths!

I am planning on planting tons more daffodils here this Fall.

This is a shot of my creek looking down through my neighbors area. See all the greenery sprouting on the left side of the bank? Those are gorgeous orange daylillies that they completely cut down last year! I'm glad to see they are making a comeback, but I just hope they don't do it again this year.

Just in case...I transplanted some daylillies from my front yard to my side of the creek bank last fall! Hahaha!!! They do look amazing when they are left to bloom along the creek!

This was my muscari two weekends ago...

And this is it a week later! What a difference! I love muscari!

You can just begin to see the pinkish tint of the Redbud tree blooming from afar. Pretty soon, this will be covered in bright pink blooms!

The peonies are getting ready to leaf out already! This is my Bartzella Peony, which is bright yellow with an orange center!

A cardinal!

The tulips are poking their heads out!

The hosta in the back is coming back to life! This lamb's ear in the front is getting taken out asap! When I bought it last year at Mains, it was tiny and almost dead. It quickly took over the whole area. I like it, but I had no idea it was so invasive!

A purple hyacinth just popping out in my front bed!

My daffodils did better last year I think, but it looks like there are a lot more yet to bloom.

My $4 forsythia from Walmart! I wasn't even sure it would come back and here it is, complete with a few blooms!

After some research, I think these are cherry blossoms! I love this tree/bush! I have several little ones along the creek I've discovered and it just makes me so happy!


Happy Spring!!! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment