Saturday, April 22, 2017

Late Easter Wrap Up


I have been having internet issues here lately, so please excuse the lateness of this Easter post, but I wanted to share a few things!

Last Sunday was a great day! One of our family get-togethers actually got cancelled and after we went to church, my husband and I were left to our own devices for the day. It was the best holiday ever!

We ended up going to a Mexican restaurant and having brunch. (We are always down for Mexican food ~ even in the morning!) After stuffing our bellies we went home and crashed on the couch and watched movies! I wish all holidays could be that low-key and relaxing!

If you follow my Instagram, you may have already seen some of these pictures. If you don't follow me, you should! I am obsessed with Instagram right now! It's like a mini blog and I usually post things once or twice a day. I love it!

Anyways...back to this blog!

I decided way back in January while watching an episode of Martha Bakes on PBS to make her Carrot-Ginger Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting for Easter. It looked delicious wrapped in candied strips of carrots, but I had seen some super cute bunny and carrot sugar decorations at Country Kitchen that I wanted to put on it instead. I love putting my own spin on things and making it my own! It turned out so good! (And saved a few steps too!)


Getting ready to go in the oven. It was a very easy recipe ~ even for a beginner! This was my first "from scratch" cake I had ever made. And yes, I am a very messy baker. Ask my husband!

Soooo cute!!! I was very happy with the way everything turned out! A lot of times in life things don't go as planned, but this actually did! Thanks Martha!

It was delicious as well! I definitely will be making this again! I highly recommend it! Adding the ginger and the orange to this cake just takes it to a whole other level!

Another shot of my nephew's Easter basket I put together!

And this is my "Easter Basket" from my husband! I mean the Easter Bunny! He always does such a good job! I can't wait to plant it in the ground and have it come up year after year!

On an Indiana backroad heading for church! It was a beautiful day!

I really liked this stained glass at the church. I had seen it before, but on Easter it just really struck me. Maybe it was the sun shining in. I love stained glass.

We went to my husband's parent's church because his dad was in a play. He was the angel that told everyone that Jesus had risen from the tomb.

My Easter meal! It felt a bit like A Christmas Story, going to an ethnic restaurant on a holiday and all. It was delicious and I think I have found a new favorite kind of omelet ~ pico de gallo and cheese with sour cream and a squirt of lime juice! Delicious!


  Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment