Sunday, January 29, 2017

grey is the new neutral


My master bedroom is getting a makeover! I am painting it grey!

My husband and I chose the color "Solitary State" by Pittsburgh Paints, which is a very light and airy grey.

 Our room was two different shades of purple. We had an accent wall painted a darker, dusty purple and the other three walls were painted a lighter, more lavenderish purple. This definitely limited things decor/accent wise.  

I really wanted more of a neutral wall color this time. That way, we could change up the accents, such as the comforter or curtains, more easily. Everything goes with grey - the possibilities are endless! Navy blue, pink, coral, turquoise, purple, yellow - just to name a few!

Now that the day is here, I have to admit that I am a little sad to be leaving behind the purples. I mean, I did want those colors at one time, but the room never fully came to fruition the way I had imagined it and I just grew to despise it. 

Let me tell you, nothing transforms a room more than a fresh coat of paint!
 
Edging and fixing some nail pops. It really makes the two purples stand out more than ever! I never really thought there was much of a contrast before.

The new grey! I love it!!! It's so light and bright! I do wish we had white trim, but there are some things you just have to live with!

Next up, new carpet to finally replace this hideous green!

No comments:

Post a Comment