Saturday, January 21, 2017

Spring has sprung?

 
If it's 63 degrees in the middle of January in Indiana, you have to get outside to enjoy it.
 
This was only the fourth day in the last ten years that it hit the 60's in the month of January here in northern Indiana.
 
My neighbor kids were wearing shorts and a t-shirt and riding bikes. I'm not condoning this behavior, I'm just saying this is how people act on a gorgeous winter day like today.
 
I knew that if it wasn't raining I was going to get outside to rake up some leaves that have been bothering me every time I look outside my kitchen window.
 
Mission accomplished.
 
I also cleaned up my bird feeders, took a nice long walk around the yard, and thought about re-working a flower bed that I need to enlarge. I decided to wait on that. 
 
Here are the leaves that we weren't able to get up before winter came, despite raking the leaves several times this fall.
 
After raking today. Looks much better! I feel like I can be at peace now. I didn't want the grass to die!
 
I blew all the leaves out of the muscari in my creekside garden so they could breathe a little.
 
This is my new muscari that I just planted this fall. So glad to see it came up okay, but now I can tell what a crappy job I did getting it close to the brick edge. Oh well, it'll grow!
 
After blowing all the leaves out of my creekside garden, I discovered that a lot of spring flowers were already starting to pop up! I believe these are the new daffodils I planted this past fall. This seems awfully early to see daffodils already. I hope they do okay since it's supposed to get colder again next week. It still makes me really happy to see them though!
 
This mostly dead looking mum has some new growth peeking out. Very strange.

Here are some hyacinths pushing through too! Spring will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment