Monday, January 9, 2017

Shipshewana Day Trip!


 Nothing beats an unexpected day trip!

Today, we took a little detour to Shipshewana, an Amish community in northwestern Indiana full of cute little shops and scenery.

We also stopped in nearby Middlebury and ate at one of my most favorite restaurants in the world - Das Dutchman Essenhaus! Not only do they have the most amazing homestyle meals (the chicken and noodles are to die for!), but they also have a bakery full of the most yummy pies, donuts, and goodies.

It was a nice day for January in Indiana - partly sunny with just a little dusting of snow on the fields (and not on the roads!)

Typical Indiana field in the winter!
Here's a much more beautiful winter shot of Indiana!
The Essenhaus!
You can eat in a buggy!
Look at all the desserts to choose from! I got a piece of the old fashioned sugar cream pie. It's my favorite and no matter how many times I think I am going to try something different, I always come back to that! Although, the Raspberry Cream Pie sounded pretty dang good too!
Yum.
Nice farm! I'd live here!
Came across this strange gas station castle.
An Amish buggy!
Stopped and got some smoked cheddar cheese and raspberry jelly at Guggisberg Cheese Factory! I always seem to miss the cheese making tour! Maybe next time!
We were lucky enough to stop into the Davis Mercantile before they closed for the evening and get a JoJo's pretzel and do a little shopping!
I love these paintings! I really wanted the one in the top middle.
But I got this little one instead! It was only $7! I love it! Now where to put it?

No comments:

Post a Comment