Saturday, January 14, 2017

Martha Bakes!

 
I was lucky enough to have a rare, lazy kind of Saturday just putzing around the house doing random things when I saw that Martha Bakes was on PBS! 
 
 I hadn't seen a Martha show in a long time so I was excited. I had to sit down and watch it while I was folding some laundry (#multi-tasking!) 
 
 This episode featured recipes from "The South" such as Buttermilk Pie, Bourbon Bread Pudding, and Carrot-Ginger Cake with Orange Frosting. YUM!
 
I forgot how mild-mannered, quiet, and low-key Martha is. I guess I'm just used to watching all these loud, in your face, high energy cooking shows that are so popular right now. I missed Martha!
 
It was very peaceful just listening to her soothing voice narrating how to make a braided pie crust - or a pate brisee as she calls it (that's French for pie crust.)

The kitchen set on Martha Bakes is so bright, clean, and simple. I love it! Now how to incorporate some of that into my own kitchen?
 
I also caught a cool show right after Martha Bakes called A Chef's Life, which chronicled Chef Vivian Howard as she went about putting together her cookbook. It was shot documentary style and really interesting. 
 
I'm really going to have to start paying more attention to what's on PBS! 
 
The Carrot-Ginger cake with Orange Frosting. I may have to make this for Easter.
 
Chef Vivian Howard of A Chef's Life

Photographing her cookbook...how exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment