Wednesday, January 11, 2017

It's Complicated...

So, I just watched the movie It's Complicated for the first time and I am in love with Meryl Streep's cozy, lived-in home! I have no idea why she would have wanted to remodel it, it's absolute perfection. A blend of Spanish, European, and Hamptons style all blended together seamlessly.

The film's director, Nancy Meyers, is known for her gorgeous sets from films like Something's Gotta Give, The Holiday, and even The Intern with Anne Hathaway (all great heart-warming movies that I also love!)

I just love the plates hung on the walls of Jane's (Meryl's) home and the way the pots and pans hang on the rack - very parisienne! I wish I could do that in my own home! Maybe in the next house!

The warm oatmealy color on her walls is another element that adds to the overall coziness of the home - which was actually just a movie set! It's wasn't even a real house! Movie magic is utterly amazing!

I'm also very jealous of her dishes and cake stands she has proudly displayed on open shelving in her kitchen. I wish I could do open shelving but none of my dishes really match and they also don't go together in a mix and match sort of way either. Also, my cupboards tend to get a little too messy. 

I'm really starting to get into this "European eclectic bohemian rustic" style of decorating here lately and this movie only serves to inspire me even more!

If you haven't seen the movie before or it's been awhile, here is a glimpse into Jane's home from the awesome website Hooked on Houses!

No comments:

Post a Comment