Monday, January 16, 2017

Peanut Butter Cookies


There's nothing better than spending a day off work baking cookies and listening to old school Madonna

I had a hankering for some Peanut Butter Cookies so I whipped up a batch of my faves. This is the recipe I used growing up and they are the best, in my oh so humble opinion.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Cream the butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
Mmmmmm
Sift together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt.)
Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture
And mix on low until combined!
All mixed up! (and ready to eat, hahaha)
I love these baking sheets! I got them at Gordon's and they are professional grade. They are the best baking sheets I have ever had and they were very reasonably priced. I highly recommend them!  I get perfectly baked cookies every time!
Shape the dough into 1 inch (or so) balls and completely roll in sugar.
Take a fork and make criss cross patterns in the dough. First one way...
Then the other!
Classic peanut butter cookie shape!
Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment